2016-05-22

Staying at Scandic Oulu


Hi there! I visited Oulu couple of weeks ago on a business trip and had a chance
to stay at Scandic Oulu during my stay.

Hei vaan! Olin pari viikkoa sitten Oulussa työmatkalla ja minulla oli mahdollisuus
yöpyä Scandic Oulussa matkani aikana.


My first impression of the hotel was good.
The reception area was inviting and staff very polite.

Ensivaikutelma hotellista oli heti hyvä. Vastaanottoaula
oli kutsuva ja henkilökunta ystävällistä.


And when I got to my junior suite I was even more pleased with my choice to stay at this hotel.
My suite had a separate living area, bedroom, walk-in closet, balcony and private sauna.

Ja kun pääsin junior suite-huoneeseeni, niin olin vielä iloisempi valitessani kyseisen hotellin.
Huoneessani oli erillinen olohuone, makuuhuone, tilava vaatehuone, parveke ja oma sauna.


I was also happily suprised when I realized that the hotel staff had remembered me with a delicious
welcoming treat. After about 8 hours in a train I was so happy to have this kind of healthy snack ;-)

Olin iloisesti yllättynyt, kun hoksasin, että hotellin henkilökunta oli muistanut minua herkullisella
tervetulaislahjalla. Noin kahdeksan tunnin junamatkan jälkeen olin tosi iloinen saadessani
maistella näin terveellistä herkkupalasta ;-)


I was so tired after the train ride that I just decided to take of my
shoes and take it easy for a little while.

Olin kyllä niin poikki junamatkan jälkeen, että päätin heittää kengät
jalasta ja ottaa hetken ihan rennosti.


I could've easily jumped into that inviting bed already but decided not to take a nap at that time.
Behind the bed you can see the spacious walk-in-closet.

Olisin kyllä voinut helposti jo sukeltaa tuohon kutsuvaan sänkyyn päikkäreille, vaan sitten
päätin hillitä itseni. Sängyn takana aukeaa tuo tilava vaatehuone.


I even had a time to enjoy my private balcony for a little while and go
through some women's magazines.

Kerrankin minulla oli aikaa istahtaa hetkeksi omalle parvekkeelle
ja selailla vähän mukanani tuomia lehtiä.


This was the view from my balcony.

Huoneen parvekkeelta avautui näkymät Oulun kattojen ylle.


There was also a little office nook where I was able to
work and enjoy evening coffee.

Huoneessa oli myös pieni toimistonurkkaus, jossa pystyin tekemään
töitä läppärillä ja nautiskella samalla iltakahvit.


The breakfast area was downstairs in the hotel's restaurant.

Aamupala tarjoiltiin alakerrassa, hotellin ravintolassa.


The breakfast was versatile and I was able to fill my
plate with many healthy choices.

Aamupala oli oikein kattava ja pystyin täyttämään lautaseni
monilla terveellisillä valinnoilla.


And of course you always need some coffee or tea in the morning.

Ja aamulla tarvitsee toki aina kahvia tai teetä.



I was especially pleased to notice the breakfast area had
all sorts of full grain and berry products.

Olin tosi tyytyväinen siitä, että aamupalalla oli paljon
täysjyvätuotteita ja marjaisia juttuja tarjolla.


I always have to have my morning coffee and
fill my plate with colorful food.

Minun on aina pakko saada aamukahvi ja
täyttää lautanen värikkäällä ruoalla.


My most favorite was probably that blueberry smoothie
with some full grain muesli and seeds.

Ihan suosikkijuttu aamupalalla oli tuo mustikkasmoothie
täysjyvä-muslin ja siemenien kera.


And if you have the need to go and exercise
that is also possible in Scandic Oulu.

Ja jos sporttijalkaa alkaa vipattamaan,
on sekin huomioitu hyvin Scandic Oulussa.


I would say that this gym was very well equipped.

Minusta tämä sali oli kyllä tosi hyvin varusteltu.


I wish I would've had time to visit here to exercise but only had time to
stop by here for a little while and take these pic.

Voi kun olisikin ollut aikaa ihan kunnolla käydä salilla, mutta tällä kertaa minulla
oli aamuisin kiirus ja vain hetki aikaa poiketa ottamaan nämä muutamat kuvat.


And one more thing. This hotel is conveniently located right next door to Finnkino Oulu.
So I decided to go to the movies on night and it was so handy to walk only a little walk
from the movies to my hotel late at night.

I can warmly recommend this hotel to all you business and vacation travelers that visit Oulu area.
Hotel is light and neat, rooms are inviting, staff is very polite, gym area is good, 
breakfast is versatile and location is superb.

--

Ja yksi juttu vielä. Scandic Oulu sijaitsee aivan Finnkinon vieressä. Päätinkin toisena iltana käydä
leffassa ja oli kyllä tosi näppärää kävellä vain tuo pieni matka leffan jälkeen hotellille.

Voin kyllä suositella tätä hotellia kaikille Oulussa työ- tai lomamatkalla kävijöille.
Hotelli on valoista ja siisti, huoneet on kivasti toteutettu, henkilökunta on ystävällistä,
kuntosali on hyvä, aamupala on monipuolinen ja sijainti todella keskeinen.


Sari

2 kommenttia:

Anonyymi kirjoitti...

Hi Sari, This looks like a very nice hotel. Where is Oulu - what part of Finland? I am specially impressed with the welcome snack. That is really special. The photos remind me of the hotels we stayed in while we were in Oslo and Helsink. The breakfasts there were amazing!!

Have a good week.

Linda

Sari kirjoitti...

Hi Linda, Oulu is located in the north even though it is said it's in Central Finland. Around 8 hour drive from our home in southern part of Finland.

This hotel was very nice and that welcoming snack was nice suprise especially after a long day in a train...

Here in this hotel the breakfast was also very good and I especially liked all the healthy things like multi grain products, berry smoothies etc.